Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 9 & 10 - September 16 and 17

SEPT. 16 - Today I went to goodlife and had a workout with Joseph. Joseph had me do 2 sessions of 12 reps and it was the first time I did that many. I was pretty proud of myself and Joseph said I am doing well. I find I am not breaking out into a sweat until I am into my second session and that means, based on my body as I know it, I am getting used to the workouts. Joseph has me stand on this spongy half moon, curved side up, and try and find my centre. That is pretty hard to do when you have vertigo but I did manage to let go of Joeseph's hand a few times and I know I will get better. The routine that I am works my lower back, front of my thighs, back of my thighs, back, chest, shoulders, arm bicep, are tricep and abdominal. I am doing 2 sessions of 12 for each of these areas.

My 2 weeks with Joseph was to end on Friday but I really like working with Joseph so I signed up for another 90 sessions and I got 5 free sessions. I am planning on working with Joseph 4 times a week and that will last from Sept. 21/09 to MAR. 7/10. The contract is for a year so we can change things up if we feel the need. Joseph is a level 4 trainer and he really knows his stuff. I feel safe when I am working out with Joseph because I know he will not let me hurt myself by doing exercises the incorrect way. Now purchasing training sessions is not cheap but I am worth it.

Yesterday was a long day and I had to deal with 2 business meals but I did very well as you will see in my food journal. My colleague and friend Maria was with me for lunch and she is also with goodlife and working with a trainer so we kept each other honest through lunch. We even declined the sweet potatoe fries that came with our bison burger...now that was hard.

SEPT. 17 - Today we are going to discuss proteins. You should have no more that 2 proteins a day. What I am going to give you is the raw weight. Subtract one oz. (28g) when weighing cooked portions. Meats and poultry should be fresh or frozen and trimmed of all skin, fat and bone before weighing and cooking. Seafood should be fresh or fresh frozen.

Some proteins are higher in fat, sodium and cholestoral. Use the following foods in moderation: beef, liver, pork and whole eggs.

Non-vegetarian eaters may choose from the vegetarian protein list but should do so in moderation.

Here is the list:

6 oz of any kind of beef including minced lean beef
6 ozBuffalo
8 oz chicken breast also minced
7 oz chicken drumstick or thigh also minced
3/4 cup 1% skimmed milk soft cottage cheese
5 oz duck
3/4 cup eggs beaters plain
3 whole large eggs (have no more than 6 per week)
3/4 cup plain egg substitute
6 egg whites
6 oz fish: bluefin tuna, carp, catfish, clams (no shell), colley, crab, herring, mackerel, roe, salmon, scallops, shark, swordfish, yellowtail
7 oz fish: blue fish, calamari, cod (plaice) crayfish, flounder, grouper, haddock, halibut, king mackerel, lake perch, lobster, lox (low sodium), mahi mahi, monk fish, mussels (no shell), orange roughy, oysters (no shell), pickerel, pike, pollock, red snapper, scrod, sea bass, prawns (shrimp), skate, snapper, sole, striped bass, tilapia, trout, walley, whitefish
5 oz goose
6 oz lamb loin and chop
6 oz liver beef, calf, chichen, lamb
6 oz ostrich lean
5 oz pigeon
5 oz pheasant
5 oz pork feet, ribs, centre loin chop
6 oz pork tenderloin
5 oz rabbit
6 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
8 slices low fat, low sodium, fresh sliced, roast beef luncheon meat
6 oz canned or tinned tuna packed in fresh water
7 oz pouched tuna, low sodium, water packed
7 oz turkey breast white meat or minced
7 oz veal chop, cutlet, rump
6 oz venison

Vegetarian Proteins:

2 cups beans and lentils bagged, any type, cooked
2 cups beans, lentils and peas mixed cooked\4 oz cheese lite or reduced fat
3/4 cup skimmed milk, 1% soft cheese cottage cheese
3/4 egg beaters
3 whole large eggs (no more than 6 per week)
3/4 cup egg substitute
6 egg whites
5 oz miso
5 tbsp nuts, any variety, unsalted
3 tbsp all natural peanut butter
6 oz quorn minced
6 oz part skim ricotta cheese.
5 tbsp seeds any variety, unsalted
5 ox selten
2 cups cooked soybeans (Japanese Edamame-lightly dusted w/sea salt once cooked-mmmm)
4 oz soya (soy) cheese
2 cups soya (soy) milk plain or low fat fortified
2 cups soya (soy) yoghurt
1 1/4 cup tempeh
4 oz textured vegetable protein
1 cup tofu firm raw
2 vegetarian burger, any variety
2 vegetarian hotdog, any variety

Tomorrow we will discuss vegetable....my favorite.

I have to meet Joseph at 6am so I am heading to bed now.

Betty

1 comment: