Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 16 - Sept. 23

I got up early today and to workout with Joseph my trainer. He really put me though my paces and my stomach muscles are pretty sore. Also, I really have to watch Joseph...his counting doesn't always mesh with mine and sometimes his watch isn't working right...he says it is broken....but I wonder. lol

I find that I am really sleeping well since I got back to working out and am usually in bed pretty early. I guess getting up at 515am will do that do you. But besides the early rising and the getting tired early and the pain in certain muscles...I am actually feeling better. I know that sounds weird but it is true. During the day I have more energy and my mind is clearer. So even though I do have a few difficulties it is all good.

Today our discussion will be all about beverages..both non-alchoholic and alchoholic. Even though you can can have the following you should really stick to fresh water, about 8 x 8 oz glasses per day or more.

NON-ALCHOHOLIC:

upto 24 oz. crystal light
unlimited decaffeinated coffee
upto 2 cups regular coffee
upto 24 oz. calorie free flavoured seltzer
upto 64 oz sodium free palin seltzer (may substitute for fresh water)
upto 24 oz diet snapple
upto 24 oz. diet soda
unlimited decaffeinated herbal tea
upto 2 cups regular tea
upto 24 oz. diet iced tea
upto 24 oz. calerie-free, natually flavoured water

ALCHOHOLIC - be sure to count the following as part of your daily food servings. You can have upto 3 per week.

12 oz. light beer = 1 starch
12 oz. regular beer = 1 starch and 1 fruit
1 oz. hard liquor = 1 starch
3 oz. red or while wine = 1 fruit

You can have an alchoholic beverage once in a while and enjoy it but do not overdue it.

Tomorrow I will share a few "keys to success" with you. I would also like to hear some of your success stories that I can share. Also, low cal recipes are also appreciated.

Talk soon

Betty

No comments: