Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 4 & 5 - Sept. 11 & 12

I missed a day and I am putting both days into this blog.

Friday I met Joseph at GoodLife at 600am and he proceeded to really work me out. He is adding a little extra each day and testing my endurance. He is still leaning on the machines to make it more difficult for me and I am getting a little used to it. I find the machines that work my biceps are the toughest. I was hurting yesterday and today but I did some stretches and that helped a bit.

Today, Saturday, I did all my grocery shopping so that I have all the foods I need for my new lifestyle. And boy did I shop and my arms got another work out when I had to carry all the bags up 2 flights of stairs...it took 2 trips. But now I have everything I need for my meal plan.

When you go shopping do not go hungry...you will end up buying items you do not need. And always make a list so that you only get the items you require and you don't forget anything you will need.

I am not much of a fruit eater, I prefer vegetables. A substitute once in a while is 2 teaspoons of either raisins, dried cranberries and dried blue berries. That is the equivalent of one fruit. A nice snack is 2 tsps of dried cranberries and 7-10 unsalted almonds. This is the equivalent of one fruit and one fat. You can also use this on your cereal.

Well that is all for tonight.

Betty

No comments: