Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 8 - Sept. 15

Well so much for good intentions. I did not get to swim this morning as I had another workout last night. I had an energy auditor come to my house to do my audit so that I can claim all the government rebates for the upgrades I am doing to my building. For those that know me they know that I have a house with 3 floors of stairs and this guys had me running from the basement to the second floor and all over the place. He did not do anything...I had to do it all. He dained to close one small window in the basement but that was it. I broke out into a sweat from all the running and it last for almost 2 hours. Needless to say I took the extra hour this morning and had a good sleep. But I will be seeing Joseph tomorrow morning at 700am and I am sure he will make up for not swimming this morning.


Tomorrow will be an interesting eating day as I have a business lunch and a business dinner. This is the first time when all the temptations will be in front of me and I hope I do well. That is my plan and I am going to give it my all. Wish me luck.


Today we are going to talk about starches. You can have upto 3 starches a day and you should have them all at different meals. Here is the list:

1/2 small Bagel (whole wheat or 7/12 grain)
1/4 cups unsweetened baked beans
1/2 cup cooked barley
1/3 cups unprocessed bran
1 slice light bread
2 whole wheat bread stick
1 regular bread stick
1/3 cup cooked bulgar
1/3 cup raw cassava (Yucca)
Cereal should have no sugar or salt listed in the first 5 ingredients of nutrition label: 3/4 cups of each all bran, fibre one original, kashi seven whole grain and sesame medley, kashi to good friends,puffed corn, puffed kashi, puffed rice, puffed wheat, wheatabix, organic wheat biscuits
1/2 cup cooked corn
3 tbsp cornmeal
1 cup coconut water
1/3 cup plain cooked couscous
Crackers:
5 kashi TLC
2 kashi crispy thin
1 kashi hearty rye
3 ritz reduced fat
4 fat free saltines (soda crackers)
1 wasa
6 reduced fat wheat thins
2 slices cracker bread
1/2 cup cream of wheat made with water
1/2 small plain crumpet
1 small crusty roll
1 fig roll
1 sheet low fat honey graham cracker
1/3 cup hummus
1/2 cup nonfat no sugar ice cream
1/2 small jacket baked potatoe
1 board matzo
6 slices round plain melba toast
3 slices square plain melba toast
1/2 cup no sugar added original musli
1/2 cup natural wheat bran
2 new potatoes baked or boiled
1/3 cup any variety cooked pasta
1/2 cup cooked frozen peas
1 4 in. whole wheat pita
1/2 cup plain cooked porridge (oatmeal)
1/3 cup of either basmati, brown or while rice
1 rice cake any flavor
1/4 cup rice pudding
2 slices ryvita dark rye
1/2 small sweet potatoe
1/2 6 in. tortilla
1/2 wholemeal english muffin
1/2 cup winter squash (marrow)
1/2 cup raw yautia

Tomorrow I will be talking about protein from meat, chicken and fish to legumes.

That's all for tonight.

Betty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbra,

I have logged in and read your BLOG!

Good luck with it, you seem very focussed and have Joseph to support you.

I will stay tuned. Good Luck and Have Fun with it.

James Cappellano
GoodLife Fitness - West Metro