Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 11 and 12 - 18 & 19SEP

I did not get a chance to enter my blog last night as I was on my monthly date with my niece Daphne (7 yrs) and my nephew Jesse (3 yrs). Needless to say that after 3 hours with both of them Auntie Baba is pretty bushed. We always go to Jack Astors because there kids can crayon on the table cloth..that makes everything so much easier. Jesse just colours on his own and Daphne and I play Xs and Os. Of course they both have pasta - tomatoe sauce for Daphne and cheese sauce for Jesse. Last night I was smart and instead of ordering a potatoe with my steak I just ordered brocoli and mushrooms. The reason for this is that I usually eat a few rigatoni's from each of their plates when they are done and this way I still could as I did not order a starch with my meal. What I also like is that Jack Astors has finally figured out that a lot of kids are lactose intolerant and they now have sherbert made from fruit. This is really nice as Daphne now gets to have dessert which she never could before because they never had anything she could eat. She never complained but I know it bothered her. The other place that really helps with kids that are loactose intolerant is Red Lobster. I took Daphne and they gave her a few fries in place of their cheese bun and they had warm apple sauce for dessert. If you have kids that fall into the same category as Daphne then you should know about both of these kid friendly restaurants.

Thursday I posted that I would be training with Robert 4 times a week but I have already adjusted that to 3 times per week (M,W,F) as my sister and I were talking and we are going to Aquafit on Saturday mornings. Patty and I used to work out together but that changed when she had kids and she started working out when I was actually working. She can come as my guest for $10.00 which is what she pays at the city pools. However, my fitness centre has a suana and whirlpool so she will get a little extra bang for her buck. Also, Patty and I have fun working out together as we both have that same quirky sense of humour. So now my training sessions will go until the end of April 2010.

Yesterday morning Joseph had me do 2 sets of 12 on the machines and then we worked out on the 1/2 moon and use the broom stick to work my stomach muscles and help me hold my stance.

This morning I went to the pool and worked out for 45 minutes on all parts of my body. I am feeling the burn right now.

By the way...my reward for being a good girl on Wednesday when I had both a business lunch and dinner was seeing the Canadian tenors. They were the entertainment at the dinner function I went to and we all got a CD. It is very good.,..I have already listened to in my car.

I will not be posting my food journal for today until tomorrow as I have our bi-monthly book club dinner tonight and it is usually pretty gourmet. I have volunteered to be the DD tonight so that I am not tempted to drink to much.

I will give you all the low down tomorrow.

Today we are going to talk about vegetable...my favourite. Vegetables should be fresh or frozen. You should not eat canned or tinned vegetables. Serving size = 1 cup/250 ml or half cup/125 ml cooked. Steamed vegetable are best as you keep all the nutrients that your lose when you boil your veggies. You should have 4 veggies a day.

Here is the list:

90 g freeash boilded artichoke
123 g raw/90 g cooked asparagas
83 g raw/56 g cooked bean spouts
70 g raw/75 g cooked bok choy
88 g raw/78 g cooked brocoli
4 brussel sprouts
134 g raw/90 g cooked green cabbage
1/2 medium carrot
6 baby carrots
100 g raw/62 g cooked cauliflower
1 rib celery
36 g raw/88 g cooked chard
132 g raw/80 g cooked chayote squash
4 cherry tomatoes
36 g raw/95 g cooked collard greens
1/2 medium cucumber
82 g raw/48 g cooked eggplant
50 g raw endive
65 g raw/65 g cooked kale
56 g raw lettuce
70 g raw/78 g cooked mushrooms
55 g raw/70 g cooked mustard greens
100 g raw/80 g cooked okra
5 small green onions
160 g raw/80 g cooked any type onions
133 g raw/78 g cooked parsnips
100 g raw/62 g cooked green, orange and red pepper
88 g raw/76 g cooked radishes
122 g raw/120 g cooked rhubarb
140 g raw/85 g cooked rutabaga
56 g bagged only salad greens
160 g raw shallots
110 g raw/65 g cooked snow peas
56 g raw/90 g cooked spinach
130 g raw/90 g cooked summer squash
110 g raw/62 g cooked any variety string or runner beans
110 g raw/66 g cooked sugar snap peas
1 small tomotoe
135 g raw/78 g cooked turnips
56 g raw/72 f cooked turnip greens
1/2 cup low sodium V8 juice
60 g raw/75 g cooked verdolaga
34 g raw watercress
70 g raw/70 g cooked water chestnuts
130 g raw/90 g cooked zucchini

I am done for today...got to go grocery shopping now...running out of fruit and veggies.

Next time I will discuss fruit with you.

Betty

No comments: