Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 18, 19, 20 - Sept. 25, 26, 27

It has been a few days since I have been in the blog as I have been pretty busy. Lots of time out of the house and late nights. Tonight will be an early night as I have a session with Joseph tomorrow at 600am. Speaking of Joseph, he also reads my blog and he read the part where I said his watch is broken and he doesn't count well and he totally got me on Friday. We were working my abs on one of the machines and I was on my second set of 15 reps at I think 90 lbs per rep and we were down to the bitter end, the last 2. If you have every been in this position you know how hard you are concentrating on just getting the job done. Well Joseph says just 2 more Barb, and then he said, just 2 more Barb and then he said just 2 more Barb and then it dawned on me that I had already heard that a few times and I just cracked up, a total laugh out loud moment. Joseph says laughing is good exercise and I do laugh a lot so it would seem I am always exercising.

Friday was a long day as I was up at the crack of dark to workout and then the day just went full tilt and then I had to be at an overnight function so to say I was pooped by midnight is an understatement. But I had a great evening with a lovely dinner and a really good sleep in my very own kingsize bed. Such a treat to stretch corner to corner.

Yesterday was a lot of running around and my bi-weekly mani/pedi. I crashed early because I had to get up early as my plumber Charlie was coming to work on the pipes in the laundry room and he was turning off the water. As I had a bridal shower to go to today I had to get up and get showered and get breakfast prepared. I was good at the bridal shower as they has scones with clotted cream and fresh cherry jam and I walked away from the scones. Very hard but I did it.

Today I am going to give you some pointers on SMART SHOPPING at the supermarket.

1) Eat a meal or a snack before you go shopping. This will help you resist junk food and free samples.

2) Plan your menus and prepare your list before going to the store so you know exactly what you need.

3) Stay on the outside aisles of the store. This is where fresh produce, meats and dairy are usually located. The inner aisles have more snacks and processed foods.

4) Fruits and vegetables should be fresh or fresh frozen. Avoid canned vegetables, even if the lable says low sodium.

5) When purchasing light bread, choose any bread that is 40-50 calories per slice.

6) Sugar-free and salt-free spices and spice blends will enhance the flavour of your foods. Mrs. Dash and garlic powder are great on meats and vegetables. Cinnamon and artificial sweetner are great to sprinkle on apples and other fruits.

7) Try to shop once or twice a week to avoid running our of fresh foods.

The next extry will discuss frozen meals.

That is it for today.

Betty

No comments: