Monday, September 21, 2009

DAY 13 & 14 - Sept. 20 & 21

We had a lovely evening at our book club dinner on Saturday night. Cynthia outdid herself with BBQ shrimp, BL&T salad, gourmet burger and coleslaw and potatoe salad. For dessert we have a love creamy confection with coconut and raspberries. We started with a belini and had some white and red wine. I had a little of each and then switched to drinking water as I was the designated driver.

We discussed our last book "When all you have is hope" by Frank O'Dea who was a co-founder of second cup. The man came up from the streets to become a successful business man and philanthropist who was named an Officer of the Order of Canada. It was a great read and I finished it in about 6 hours.

We also had a couple of special guests, Kim and Vicki, who were part of our big european adventure in 2008 so it was catch up time. We ate outside on the patio and although a little cold it was fun and there was a nice fire going. It ended around 10pm and we all started to head home. It was a lovely evening.

Sunday was quiet and I just putzed around the house. I made my baked veggies with soy mozarella that I will have for the week. I will post the recipe. I tried to post last night but could not get onto windows.

This morning I had my workout with Joseph and he changed up the routine I had been doing the last 2 weeks. I can not remember sweating that much, ever. But it was good and I find I am feeling less and less pain after the work outs. My favorite is the stretching at the end because I can feel all the muscles getting stretched out and it make all the difference.

Tonight we are going to talk about fruit. This is not my favorite to eat but I am pushing myself to eat more. You should have 3 fruits per day. If you are like me and not a great fruit eater try making smoothies with fruit and yogurt for breakfast in the morning.

Here is the list:

36 acerola cherries
1 small apple
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
4 medium apricots
1/2 small banana
3/4 cup blackberries
3/4 cup blueberries
2 ox pana breadfruit
1/2 cup water or juice packed canned fruit
1 cup cantaloupe
9 medium cherries
1/2 chironja
1 medium clementime
1 cup cranberries
3 dates
2 medium figs
1/2 medium grapefruit
15 geen or red grapes
1 cup grosela
1 medium guava
1/3 cup raw strawberry guava
1/2 cup honeydew
4 oz. any flavour, not from concentrate, 100% fruit juice
1 medium kiwi
1 small lemon
1 medium lime
1/2 medium marney apple
1/2 mango
1/3 cup any flavour nextar
1 medium nectarine
1 small orange
3/4 papaya
3 medium passion fruit
1 small peach
1/2 medium pear
3/4 cup fresh pineapple
1/3 medium pantain
1 medium plum
1/2 large pomegranate
3 medium prunes
2 tbsp raisins
1 cup raspberries
1/4 medium sapote
1/2 medium sopadilla
1 small sopota
1/2 cup soursoup
1 medium star fruit
12 small strawberries
12 small tamarind
1 small tangerine
1 cup watermelon

Thats it for tonight. Tomorrow we will discuss dairy.

Talk soon

Betty

No comments: