Sunday, September 13, 2009

DAY 6 - Sept. 13

It was a quiet day today. Just doing things around the house and then headed out to chapters to pick up a cook book on Portuguese cooking. Going to read through it tonight as I will be cooking Portuguese food for my book club dinner.

What I would like to discuss today are fats. You should have 2 fats per day to keep you body running well and it is good for your skin and nails. Here are some items that can be used for 1 fat. You may find some of you favorite items on it.

1 oz./29 g Ackee
7-10 unsalted almonds (depending on size)
1/8 of 1 medium Avocado
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp regualr cream cheese
1 tsp Salt Pork Fatback
1 tbsp Ground Flaxseeds
1 tsp Ghee
2 tbsp Guacamole
1 tsp Margarine
1 tbsp Diet Margarine
1 tbsp Low-fat or Light Mayonnaise
10 Nuts, other, Unsalted
1 tsp Oil - Canola, Flaxseed, Grapeseed, Safflower, Soybean, Sunflower, Olive
9 Black Olives
10 Green Olives
10 Unsalted Peanutes
15 Unsalted Pistachios
1 tbsp Seeds, any variety, Unsalted
1 tbsp Tofu Cream Cheese
2 tsp Tofu Mayonnaise

So you see you can have any of the above twice a day. I know I like my black olives so it is a treat to have once in a while. And a little light mayo on a tuna wrap...well that makes it all worth while.

Speaking of wraps Weight Watchers really makes a nice wholewheat tortilla wrap. Nice to have in place of melba toast some time. In melba toast I like the 12 grain...I find it really tasty.

I have to start getting things ready for tomorrow as I have a 6am workout with Joseph at GoodLife. Wish me luck

Betty

No comments: