Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 3 - Sept. 10

Joseph, the trainer, put me through my paces today at www.goodlifefitness.com. He had me do 2 reps of all the ceps and he has a habit of leaning on the piece of equipment that I am working on so that I am moving him as well. I don't think I have glowed that much in a long time. But I felt really good when it was finished and I am learning what all the machines do. I also had a body complex (?) done and it determined that half of my body is muscle and half is fat. I need to eat 1178 calories just to keep my body going so I will have to eat a little more than that to have my body work efficiently. Lots to take in but I am learning and Joseph is a good teacher.

Vitamins are very important as well and I take a womens multi vitamin and calcium with D. I take an extra 1000 UI of D as most calcium pills do not have enought D to absorb the calcium into the bones. I also take multi strain probiotic because it helps in healing and I do not eat a lot of yogurt which is where you tend to find it. I take korean red ginseng which helps with fatigue, green tea extract which helps with digestion, wild salmon oil which helps with memory (I am getting older), B100 for premenopause and flax seed oil for extra essential fatty acids. Now this is what I take, I don't propose that anyone else take these but perhaps something in this list will help you with a problem you may be dealing with. But if you take nothing else take a multi and calcium to make sure that your body has all the supplements that is requires.

You may notice that I use a lot of soy products. The reason for this is that I like my milk and if I eat regular cheese then I have to give up some of my milk...I don't like that. Soy can be used as a protein and that is how I eat it. I even have a soy oil margarine with garlic and herbs that I use in place of butter. It is called "Incredible Edible Spread 'Em" and you can find them at www.spreadem.biz. My niece, who is 7, is lactose intolerant and we discovered that she can eat this and she likes it. You can order online and they will ship to you.

The other product that I like for salads is Kraft Fat Free Italian dressing. I like it but you still must use it in moderation as it does have a little more sodium. So don't use salt on your salads as you have it in the dressing.

Well thats all for tonight. Wish me luck on my work out tomorrow at 600am.

Betty

No comments: