Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 46, 47, 48 - Oct. 24, 25, 26

On Saturday my sister and I went to aquatics and my friend Cynthia joined us. Patty and I were going to a family wedding so we wanted to make sure that we had a good workout so that we could enjoy the dinner. We danced and had a reaaly good time with my aunts, uncles and cousins. Everybody enjoyed themselves and it was nice to see everyone in a social setting. I did wrench my knee trying to get into my brother-in-laws minivan. High heels and a tight dress and a high climb up got the best of me and I turned my knee. Yesterday I iced it and today I put a tenser bandage on the knee and I went to work out with Joseph. We worked mostly the upper body until the knee heals. There was a time when I would have said I'm hurt and would not have gone. But now I have Joseph in my head and all I heard was you can still exercise. But now my whole upper body is feeling pretty sore but I know it will go away.

Topday I want to discuss a fitness vision.
What do you want to accomplish?

What is the reason to start a fitness journey? You need to think about your own "personal fitness vision". This may be as simple as wanting to feel or look better. Maybe you want to shape-up or trim down.

Limit your "personal fitness vision" to one major idea and simply state it in a single short sentence. An example might be, "I have 3 kids and want to be active with them as they grow up" or "I want to be around to enjoy my grandkids". It might be as simple as "I need to be in shape for skiing next year" or " exercise helps keep my diabetes under control". Whatever the idea, make it your personal vision.

State your #1 priority and list your specific goals.Consider things like increasing energy, reducing stress, trimming inches, losing weight and sleeping better.

My personal fitness vision is to gain strength, flexability, get toned and get rid of the pooch.

My fitness goal is to get rid of the flab, get muscle and definition and improve my balance.

Next posting we will talk about scheduling you fitness.

That's all for tonight.

Betty

No comments: