Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 41 - Oct. 19

I really got put through my paces today. But I forgot my little pillow so I think it could be worse next workout with regards to the crunches. Joseph does read my blog and he told me that I made a mistake regarding my resting heart rate. I said I should be at 99 but that was when I first began the program the week of Sept. 8. I should be targeting 70-72 for a healthy range. My goal for the first 12 weeks is to get to 80 or below. I will find out where I sit tomorrow when I put on my heart rate monitor to work on my gazelle.

Here are a few more practical weight loss tips:

9) Keep coffee and caffeine drinks at a minimum. These throw your body into a high/low sugar syndrome.
10) Do not skip meals. Getting "too hungry" tells your body to slow its metabolism down.
11) Don't go to the supermarket or restaurant "starved". This will make you buy or order the wrong things. Try drinking some water or eating some vegetables before you go.
12) Rather than eating a whole piece of chocolate cake...just take a bite or two and you will have satisfied your craving.
13) Order your salad dressing on the side.

That's it for tonight.

Betty

No comments: