Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 - Jan. 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.

We had a great time at my friend Liz's place on Saturday night as we helped our friend Rena belatedly ring in her birthday. Liz made a great dinner and Nancy made a great cake. We tried many types of wines and just talked and laughed, it was a great evening.

I have my book club ladies over this Saturday and for my menu we are visiting Portugal I can't tell you the menu as it is a surprise but it will be great and I sent out the wine choices this evening. I will tell you all about it after the dinner and I may put in a few recipes.

Last blog we talked about staying on course and I said on this post I would give you some tips:

1) Focus on progression and not perfection. There will be days when you will miss your workout, feel sic, too tired, demotivated and you will eat that chocolate bar...you can count on this. It happens (it has happened to me) but you must put it beg=hind your and get back on schedule. Don't get down on yourself and don't gove up on yourself.

2) Schedule your workouts in an appointment book (I use Joseph who posts all my workouts in his calender and I know what they are every week). Treat your workout like any appointment that you schedule and hold yourself to it.

3) Make realistic and attainable goals and give yourself a time-frame. You will continually reach your goals and have reason to celebrate.

4) Celebrate your successes whether large or small. You did it and it just takes one step at a time.

5) Have a support network...I have Joseph and a personal trainer will always have your back.

6) Do a variety of activities. This will help prevent boredom which can cause you to give up. Be fun and creative. I swim, train with Joseph and use my treadmill.

7) Book you fitness/health assesments every 6-8 weeks to measure your results and fitness benefits. Don't do it to soon because if you have just lost a small amount you can get discouraged.

8) Pat yourself on the back. You are doing great and you will be fit for life.

That is all for now.

Take care

Betty

No comments: