Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Days 135 to 148 - Jan. 21 to Feb. 3

Hi Everyone

I know it has been a couple of weeks since my last blog but it has been very busy and the time just seems to slip away.

I had my book club dinner and we had a lovely meal. It started with jumbo shrimp cooked fast in a spicey sauce with a small slice of nan and a tequila lime cocktail sauce. I paired this with a tequila martini called an dirty cosmo. Next course was a soup made with mild chorizo, tomatoes and onions with various spices. You put a small piece of bread in the bowl and pour in the soup. Next we had leg of lamb that was soaking in red wine and spice for 24 hours and then baked. With the lamb we had baby red potatoes. For dessert we had an orange custard with grand marnier whipped cream. We had portuguese wines and a 6 year old tawny port that I got when I was in Oporto. It was a great dinner with great conversation, we even talked about the book.

Last week was my final week with my trainer Joseph until he comes back from Thailand. I will miss him as he has been great at starting me on my journey to getting into shape. I have now started with Kash, she is a level 2 trainer and she is quite good. Kash and I have started working on the burn portion of my fitness plan and trust me it is burning. And sweat, OMG. But I feel good and we are working the muscles in a different way and in different groupings. I know this will be another great part of my journey and that I am going to hurt a lot but it will be worth it.

This is all for today.

Thanks

Betty

No comments: