Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 56, 57, 58, 59 - Nov. 3, 4, 5, 6

I swear, as it gets closer to Xmas I jsut start getting busier and busier. I do not have one weekend open until after the New Year. Plus the fact that I am trying to get my building energy efficient with a new tankless water heater, new low flush toilets in all the apartments, upgrading the insulation in the attic and new energy star windows through out the building. I am getting as green as I can. And my friend Cynthia and I are heading to Punta Cana in the DR on Nov. 14. WOW!

I got a call from my friend Michele's husband asking me if I had a free weekend in December as he wants to send his wife Michele to New York for her big birthday. I had the actual weekend of her birthday left and he said that would I accompany her, all expenses paid. I am certainly not going to say no to that and Michele and I will have a blast. We are going 5* all the way. Will tell you more about it later.

Today lets talk about Lifetime Health Calender Dates:

1) After age 18 you should have your blood pressure checked every 2 years.
2) Every 2 years, also get a check of your cholesterol and HDL (high density lipoprotein) levels.
3) After 25, women should have a Pap smear every two years to screen for cervical cancer.
4) Beginning at age 30 breast self-examination should be carried out by everyo women at least every 3 months and there should be a medical examination yearly or every other year.
5) Aftr 40 every women also should have a mammographic examination at least every 2 years.
6) For both men and women oevr 40, there should be a year test of stool for blood, which can be an indication of bowel cancer.
7) After 50, both men and women should have a sigmoidoscope examination of the large bowel every 6 to 7 years to detect any polyps that may be cancerous.
8) Weigh yourself monthly. If your weight is 20% or more above what is considered desirable for your height and build, it presents a health risk.
9) After 35, have a simple eye tension test every 5 years to check for possible glaucoma.
10) Between ages 20-40, have your blood hemoglobin level checked every 2 years for anemia detection and after 60 have it check annually.
11) Have regular general physical examinations.

Lets talk about fitness over 40 years of age in my next blog.

Have a good evening.

Betty