Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Days 213 to 220 - March 30 to April 6

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that I will not be communication for a few days. Went to the emerg today because I was having a lot of pain after a bump on my head. Once the bump went down I started to notice a lot of small, very painfull bumps. Turns out that I have shingles. They came because of the first bump on the head which triggered the spread. I did not know this but the virus sits at the base of your skull at the top of your vertabrae. When I bumped my head of the freezer door it shook the virus loose and it has attacked the left side of my head and the left ear and left side of neck. So far nothing on the right side but you never know. I am on a very strong anti inflammatory and a pill to try and control the spread. So far it just hurts like hell. If you have had shingles then you know what I am talking about. The anti inflammatory also makes me tired so I think bedrest for me for the next few days.

Once I am feeling better I will send out a new blog.

Take care

Betty

No comments: